Stepaside has an interesting story as to how it got its name. During the Civil War when Cromwell was marching his army to Pembroke Castle, he ordered his men to ‘step aside' at Camomile Bank Inn – meaning to step out of line and take a break and ever since that day the little hamlet has been so named. Stepaside has a local pub and is less than a mile from Amroth & Wisemans Bridge.
Stepaside Ironworks originally opened in 1849, obtaining ore from the Amroth area and was transported by Saundersfoot railway. The Ironworks are now very much a ruins nowadays with the Engine Blasting House and the Casting House being more well-preserved.